View Single Post
Old 12-26-2022, 06:02 PM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Interesting that the device list does not include the infamous Fire Phone. It's as if they are in denial that it ever existed (I have physical proof: 3 of them! Amazon won't even give trade in discount on a new Fire tablet for these, which cost upwards of $600 at launch). Pretty sure it doesn't support KFX, but I'd have to register one of them to check it. If only the auto scroll had worked better, I'd probably still be using one. (Notably Apple copied the 'swipe up from bottom' gesture to go to Home Screen when they removed the physical Home button.) I think it ran Fire OS 4?

I have a Fire HD 6, which I had not turned on for several months (but impressively still had 80% battery level). There was a system update waiting, even though I'm pretty sure there wasn't one when I turned it off. It's now Fire OS 5.7.0.0, there were no component updates.

The Kindle app version is 14.22.31_1226259110. And it does support KFX (Page Flip, text alignment option, ligatures etc.).

I cannot remember if the available Kindle version is device dependent or Fire OS version dependent. Do all Fire running v5 support KFX? Do all Fire running v4 not support it?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote