View Single Post
Old 11-26-2022, 06:31 PM   #3
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
[...] The only thing crazier than using epub or HTML as a book authoring source is PDF, which is also only for publishing (on paper), distribution and possibly reading on larger screen.
Meh. There's nothing inherently crazy about HTML as a source format. Word and LO use XML as a source format, which always seemed crazy to me, but they make it work. Mostly its about the software you build around the format. There are some decent HTML editors out there, and it would certainly be possible to do better than the ones I've see so far in terms of style handling and so on. Plus HTML is easily and fairly reliably imported or converted into pretty much anything else.

All that aside, when using Chrome OS it seems that Google docs is the most obvious way to go. Certainly it can import HTML, not sure if it can import epub directly, but apparently it can export to epub. Nothing Sigil-like about it, but I don't know enough about Chromebook to offer any other suggestions.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote