Thread: PNG in KF8 yet?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2022, 10:14 AM   #9
Oxford-eBooks
Zealot
Oxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of lightOxford-eBooks is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Loads!
Oh bother and heck. Transparent PNGs still not reliably supported in 2022?

This is going to explain the problem I'm getting. I'd always thought that it was working - though to be honest it's hardly been a problem for years with just simple character head images.
I'd "assumed that becuse Amazon said PNG is supported that it would be true" (more fool me!)

What I'm currently finding is that I have a table with shaded backgrounds on alternate rows. There are PNG icons (nicely made with transparent backgrounds). BUT... on the white background lines, SOME of the PNGs have aquired the background colour of the shaded cells!!!

Um, well, SOME of them. In fact if the icon first appers in a cell that has a white background then the image will have a white box throughout, if the icon first appears on a SHADED cell, then all subsequent instances of that image have a shaded box.

... well, that's just lovely.

Just gonna have to drop the alternate shading and face the customer.
Oxford-eBooks is offline   Reply With Quote