View Single Post
Old 10-21-2022, 09:09 PM   #19
A Lurker
Connoisseur
A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A Lurker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefano.sb View Post
Hi, it seems that now Amazon has correct the problem. If I send an EPUB via email (also with only the title as file name) my Kindle (with fw 5.15.1) shows the correct author’s name (that I think it is read from metadata) and cover

Stefano
Yes, the author name seems to have been fixed, but now the title is messed up because it uses the file name rather than the title in the metadata.

This should be as easy workaround (change the file name to the title), but I have lots of book titles with colons (because they have subtitles). No way to add a colon to file name.

I tried using the Send to Kindle PC app. That does allow me to assign a title other than the file name, including using a colon, but it keeps converting the colons to underscores.
A Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote