View Single Post
Old 10-15-2022, 10:00 AM   #13
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Hey! Look! You use practically the same formatting as I do!

But, seriously, I should have remembered your post as being the origin of what I use. I even started a thread a few months back asking about it. Sorry.

Regarding your new poetry classes, I see that your div.stanza is handling the spacing of the stanzas that used to be handled by "first" and "last". But, if that's the case, I'd probably just override p instead of defining "line". IOW, instead of:
Code:
div.poetry div.line {
I'd have gone with:
Code:
div.poetry p {
That would keep the html a bit cleaner at the expense of some re-enforcement of the semantics that everything in the div is a poem.

The semantics of "line2" vs "indented" is a bit of a pickle, too. Is the fact that it's a line more or less important than that it's indented? Maybe "lineindent" or something might be more informative. But, that's too much typing.

EDIT: which is pretty much what Turtle91 posted just above me.

Last edited by enuddleyarbl; 10-15-2022 at 10:06 AM.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote