View Single Post
Old 09-16-2022, 09:48 PM   #8
skillachie
Addict
skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skillachie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10" , Kindle Fire, Pixel 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by transmitthis View Post
Ok, what I want to do is view my books on Calibre Companion with my phone, scroll through them and choose one to read.

Everything works as expected all is great, but then I arrive.

I want to read my books on a E-ink device, not the phone.

Can't really browse covers and details very well on b&w e-ink,
so I use Calibre Companion on phone above to choose a book and then read it on my e-ink device.

What I want to do is not have the actual books on the phone - just the metadata. (space issues)

Anyone here think of an easy way to do this?
is it as simple as searching for the epubs and deleting them?
Maybe I can send empty records?
Could you try the BookFusion Android app with the Calibre plugin and let me know what you think? With BookFusion you will be able to have your Calibre eBook collection accessible on your e-ink device and then optionally choose which one you would like to download and read.

You can then use BookFusion to read or the Open with functionality to read in your preferred reading app. This way you can simply use BookFusion as a Calibre Companion replaced and still being able to use your preferred eBook app to read.

BookFusion App - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...android.reader

Calibre Plugin - https://www.bookfusion.com/reading/calibre
skillachie is offline   Reply With Quote