View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 07:42 PM   #29
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
A 20% DNF rate seems pretty high. Could you not reduce your DNF rate further by being more selective about which books you begin in the first place? Is there anything those 20% of books have in common that you could use as a predictor for adding them to your "Do Not Start" list?
I am working my way through my library built up over the last 10 years or so, many of these DNFs are books I bought on sale when I first switched to Kobo and have been sitting unread for 4 years or more. They're all in genres I enjoy, with synopses that sounded appealing at the time. DNFing them is clearing out the detritus.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote