View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 10:45 AM   #1
enuddleyarbl
Guru
enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.enuddleyarbl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Font-Size Every Couple of Words

Well, this is a new one. Started editing the CSS of another book that I'm reading, and every couple of words, they reset the font-size to the same value. I even went back to my original, archived azw3 from Amazon and confirmed it: everything's in one file, everything's run together into one blob, and "<span style=" font-size:0.96rem">" every handful of words:

Quote:
class="BasicParagraph" style="font-size:0.96rem; line-height:120%; text-align:justify"><span style=" font-size:0.96rem">He was pleased. So much so that he decided then and there to press his luck a little and ask for more. “</span><span style=" font-size:0.96rem">Run the master defense emergency plans, p</span><span style=" font-size:0.96rem">lease, at speed, in order,”</span><span style=" font-size:0.96rem"> he told the machine casually.</span></p><p class="BasicParagraph" style="font-size:0.96rem; line-height:120%; text-align:justify"><span style=" font-size:0.96rem">The machine obeyed. Because of the volume of material it took almost four minutes.</span></p>
Granted, it's an older book (copyright 1981). But, I downloaded it from Amazon a year ago. I just wish I could get some inkling of an idea of why these things get "styled" this way.
enuddleyarbl is offline   Reply With Quote