View Single Post
Old 09-09-2022, 02:44 PM   #572
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsknit View Post
Using most recent version of Calibre, current plugins and Kobo firmware 4.33.19759

I had previously set up collections more than a year ago but recently had a big problem with many titles in Calibre no longer having book files attached to them, and had to re-import and convert a lot of books. Following the directions in the wiki, I had originally set up a new column called My Shelves with about 10 genre that I wanted to use for collections. (my tags have these plus some subgenre or extra info so I don't use tags for collections). I thought that listing (in the Collections, Covers and Uploads section of the Kobo Touch Extended plugin) MyShelves, Series would put things in the right collection, organized by series if available. instead, it made a collection for every series, which I did not want. Further, it made a series for EVERY single title, thus a collection for each title.

Needless to say, this was quite worthless. I changed the line to say "MyShelves" only but it still made a collection for every title. I tried deleting all the extraneous collections but am left with only a few of the ones I actually set up, and only a few books sorted into them. I have put every single book into one collection or another based on genre so I don't see why they are not remaining that way once synced to the Kobo. I have it set as Automatic Metadata Management.

I really don't have a deep understanding of a lot of this, have just tried to follow the steps in order. Thanks for any help.
What is the lookup name of the column? Do you use the KoboTouchExtended driver or do you use the KoboTouch driver?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote