View Single Post
Old 08-23-2022, 09:39 AM   #93
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaceygan View Post
I hope this is the right place to raise an issue I am facing.

The image resize works great. However, I noticed that the cover image within the epub itself does not get updated until I right click the book in Calibre and select Edit Book.

This is how I came to the conclusion:

1. In Calibre, select the book and click on Resize Cover.
2. In Calibre, right click on the book and select Edit Metadata Individually to confirm that the image resize worked
3. Go directly to the epub file in Finder. Open the epub and check the cover image (it is not changed).
4. In Calibre, right click on the book and select Edit Book. The cover image size now is reflected. Close without saving.
5. Go back directly to the epub file in Finder. The cover image is now updated. The file size also changes.

Currently I have to perform step 4 to all the books after changing the image size so that my sync'ed library get the updated covers.

Is there a way around this? Thanks!
That is working as designed. To update the cover in the actual file, another action has to be done. One of those is to open the book in the editor (though that can be disabled). The other ways I can think of are Embed Metadata, the Polish books tool, a conversion, the Modify ePub plugin, save to disk and send to device. But, the latter two do not update the book in the library.

The Embed Metadata tool is probably the easiest, but, if the cover image size has changed, the code in the cover page is not updated. In that case, I would probably use the Polish book tool.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote