View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 08:43 PM   #1
Giddeaon
Ex Libris....Vita
Giddeaon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD
Formatting Issue - Turn Coat by Jim Butcher

Two part issue here....

First - if anyone is a fan of Jim Butcher and his Dresden Files series, I would suggestion holding off on getting the newest release. I just purchased the latest novel - Turn Coat - from Amazon, and the formatting is horrible. There are 2 or three extra empty lines in between each paragraph making the spacing very noticeable and distracting, especially while reading through dialogue. I've purchased other books in the series and have had no issues. This edition just released on April 7th.

Second Issue...more of a question.....Does anyone know if there is anything I can do about this? I paid almost $15 to buy the book on the day of its release because I truly want to support my favorite authors, and the formatting is so bad I just can't read it.....it's that irritating. Has anyone else had issues like this with purchases from Amazon - specifically with new releases - and does anyone know if they get fixed in future revisions? I know I see ebooks with version numbers all the time in the copyrights....do changes get done often to fix issues like this? I don't want to demand a refund, but I just don't want to suffer through the formatting.

Thanks for reading....

Gids
Giddeaon is offline   Reply With Quote