View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 08:27 PM   #8
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Thank you.

Actually, what I need more than luck is some serious processing power. I will be working on 8,779 html files. With an estimate of 5 minutes per file (with my current computer), that comes to over 43k minutes (~731 hours). And that is just one run. If I have to redo it...

I _so_ wish I could afford to build a Beowulf Cluster.
My initial tests, a month ago, showed that I would have to do a lot a HTML code tweaking to get the Wikipedia (soup) to display properly on small screen ebook readers. I sort of abandoned it when I saw the results of a 50-page test .imp.

You can use the ETI PC viewer to see what I mean. :yuk:
Attached Files
File Type: imp schools-wikipedia-full-20081023-test.imp (871.0 KB, 353 views)
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote