View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Wikipedia Ebook Project

There is a 3.4GB offline version of Wikipedia. I have a copy, and I'm going to try to turn it into an ebook.

I've been looking at it today. The text by itself is only 400MB, and I should be able to cut that in half (or more) by removing most of the formatting.

The images take up the other 3GB. I expect to be able to reduce this to 1GB by abandoning the highest resolution images and by eliminating the duplicate images. I might get it even further.

You can download it as a torrent here. You will need a bittorrent client.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote