View Single Post
Old 08-06-2022, 08:24 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
As @JSWolf said, you can use the Reading List plugin. You do it with a reading list that gets updated when the device is connected. You can also have it set a value in a column if you want.

But why do you need to do this? You state each device is used for a type of book. Doesn't that mean that you already know what books are on each device? And you can always look at the device.

What I do is the opposite of what you are asking. I have a reading list for each device. When I get a new book, I decide which device it should be on and add it to the list for the device. When the device is connected, the books get sent to the device and the list is cleared. Hence, I know what is on each device, the books that are supposed to be on the device.

I did try what you are asking at one time. But, I ended up with twice as many lists and they seemed redundant. And, updating a value means the modified timestamp for the books are updated when the device is connected and I did not like this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote