View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 08:40 AM   #30
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashkae View Post
I'm not sure I agree with this. Default settings Calibre uses for book conversion are optimized for converting from non-ebook documents, and can quickly make undesired changes to book formatting. Common examples are changing font sizes and in-appropriate page splits between graphic, chapter title and subtitle.

It's easy to fix this when you are very familiar with the conversion settings, but for people who don't edit books often, a kepub converter that *won't* mangle the book might be a good idea.

This doesn't apply too book converted on the fly by the kobo touch extended plugin, which is probably the recommended way to do it for most. But one benefit of converting and storing the kepub is the ability to download kepub from the content server if you like to get your books that way.
All of that is why I usually use the word "transform" for what the KoboTouchExtended driver does. Calibre's conversion does so much more, and there is a plugin for kepub conversion, so I want to make the distinction. What kepubify does is basically the same as the extended driver, so I'd use transform for it as well.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote