View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 09:02 PM   #26
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrecom View Post
Is it possible to have the output be *.kepub format? I ask because in Calibre it is nice to be able to differentiate from original epub version and kepub.
That depends on what you are asking.

If you are asking about what is on the device, it has to be ".kepub.epub". That is what the device looks for. If you put it on the device a just ".kepub", the book will be ignored.

In calibre, the extension used is ".kepub". That is because calibre, like most other applications, are looking at the normal extension. If you want to add a kepub to calibre, then you should use that. But, it I do not believe kepubify has a way to add the generated kepub to calibre. Personally, I think storing kepubs that have been generated from other formats in calibre is pointless. There is no use for them except to send to a Kobo device. Calibre will let you view them, but, you cannot edit them. If you need to fix something, you will probably be better to fix it in the original book and generate the kepub again for your device.

But, if you really want to add the kepubs to calibre, there are plenty of ways to change the extension.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote