View Single Post
Old 07-24-2022, 04:12 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elhem Enohpi View Post

I got a new device with iOS 15, and there is only Settings > Books > iCloud Drive, and Reading Now. Below this, it says "To enable syncing across devices, sign in to iCloud and turn on iCloud Drive in Settings". I haven't done that, but I think it will trigger the books that I synced with a cable from the Mac, to be uploaded to iCloud Drive, which I don't want. But I can't see how to get the highlights and bookmarks to sync without that - none of the books on the new device have their bookmarks.
I think you just need to have iCloud option for Books turned on.

The Reading Now can be on, if you also want that status synced. If you also want book to upload to iCloud Drive then turn on iCloud option for Books settings.

Quote:
To keep your Books information updated across your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch, sign with the same Apple ID on each device, then do the following:
  • Sync Reading position, bookmarks, notes, and highlights: Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, then turn on both iCloud Drive and Books.
  • Sync Reading Now, Library, and collections: Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud, and turn on both iCloud Drive and Books. Then go to Settings > Books, and turn on Reading Now.
https://support.apple.com/guide/ipho...phc1af7c57/ios

Of course, that assumes it works as described.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote