View Single Post
Old 07-10-2022, 07:42 AM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpoviv View Post
I've read on Reddit or this forum that Amazon now supports .epub on their devices and that books with .MOBI extensions may be removed.
You are misinformed. There has been no announcement of a change to the formats actually supported on Kindle devices. Soon you will no longer be able to email MOBI format to a Kindle. You can instead email EPUBs and they will be converted by Amazon to a supported format (usually KF8) before being delivered to your Kindle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpoviv View Post
I currently have more than 700 books in this format and well organized in collections.
I assume that these 700 books are your own documents either sideloaded via USB of emailed to your Kindle. If so there is nothing you need to do. Amazon has stated that any MOBI format books you send before the cutoff will remain available.

Here is a quote from them: "Note: Beginning in late 2022, you'll no longer be able to send MOBI (.AZW, .MOBI) files to your library using Send to Kindle. This change won't affect any MOBI files already in your Kindle library."
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote