View Single Post
Old 05-30-2022, 09:02 AM   #3
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Was responding to a message in another thread and reminded me that when I tried installing Check Book, I could never get the customization dialog to run. calibre just hung on a spinning cursor.

I just retried it today and with calibre 5.43, Windows 11 Pro x64, still no joy until I installed node.js and ace from Daisy's ACE installation page. Perhaps that should be part of the documentation.
Hi, @DNSB.

That's odd. I can't replicate this issue.

The config dialog is not tied to Node.js or ACE installation in any way. The only check made when opening it for the first time is related to EPUBCheck: it checks if your Java is 32 or 64 bits. This check is made only once.

It may cause a small delay when opening the config dialog for the first time. But it's just couple of seconds, anyway.

Now, about Node.js and ACE installation requirement. I'll add this to thread. Thanks for noticing it. Also, I added a warning message to the user when Node.js is not installed. As for ACE, there was already a message for it.

I'll release the patch in a few minutes.

Last edited by thiago.eec; 05-30-2022 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Typo
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote