View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #12
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
SteGar,

I understand your caution. I can only say that I went through the same worries. But I decided to go ahead with getting a Kindle, and am delighted I did. It was a bit of a hassle to deal with the obstacles, but you soon get past them.

The main points to keep in mind:
  • If you buy the device through a third-party, make sure they deregister it before the send it to you.
  • You'll need a US address to purchase content for the Kindle, but you'll never need to use that address to receive physical merchandise.
  • You won't need a US credit card if you use gift vouchers to pay for your Kindle content.
Mike
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote