View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 01:50 PM   #220
darkrat
darkrat exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverdarkrat exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverdarkrat exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverdarkrat exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverdarkrat exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverdarkrat exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverdarkrat exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverdarkrat exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverdarkrat exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverdarkrat exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverdarkrat exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Hisense A5 Pro, Sony T2
Hallo,
here my 2 cents about my setup of A5 Pro:
  • Install the APPs possibly from their original site (and not from a store like Aurora) or from F-Droid
  • on the left button I mapped "manual light on/off"
  • for Italian networks, I installed 4G Switcher from Aurora and selected LTE/UMTS auto (PRL) as preferred network
  • as launcher AIO Launcher is perfect
  • for contacts, tasks and calendar syncing I use DAVx5 with Foregound option turned on
  • app for calendar: Business Calendar 2 from Aurora
  • app for tasks: Opentasks from fdroid
  • for email fairmail from GitHub, but I'm not happy with it, it's a good email app but not "eink" firendly
  • for maps I use Waze (Aurora Store) and for outdoor activity OSMAND+ (from F-Droid)
  • To keep APPs running in the background (but notifications not always work) I disable battery optimization:
    1. Allow Autorun under Apps & permission managment >Selfrunning Managment
    2. Allow Autorun under Apps & permission managment > Associated Selfrunning Managment
    3. Add to whitelist under Apps & permission managment > Memory Cleanup or disable Memory Cleanup entirely
    4. Disable automatic refrigartion under Apps & permission managment > Application of freezer

With all main apps working in background (SMS, Email, WhatsApp, Telegram, Calendar, Tasks) the battery drain is very similar to any other smartphone with a similar battery: more or less 1,5 days of normal use
In order to save battery (e.g. using it for outdoor activities etc.) I activate Super Power Saving Mode, which allow the selection of 4 active apps. All the others are turned off.
In order to have a better eink reading mode in all the apps I changed the Display settings to: Contrast 40%, Black 100%, White 100%

Now I would like to find the right email app for black and white eink (Fairmail, K9.mail, bluemail already tested) and a way to cancel chinese charachters in calls management... Any hint?
darkrat is offline   Reply With Quote