Thread: Braille Files
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2022, 12:02 PM   #3
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistlekitten View Post
I'm a new to braille user and am looking to convert my ebooks into the .brf format. I can go around the houses by converting kindle to epub in Calibre, then shift to a different app to open a single epub at a time to convert to brf, but I was wondering if Calibre might start supporting conversion to brf?
I'm not sure on exact conversion tools like that.

I never heard of the BRF format before... but blind readers are one of the reasons why I love digitizing print books into ebooks!

You may want to check out DAISY Consortium's website: DAISY.org and DAISY's Youtube channel.

They have a lot of resources for (blind) readers + digitizing and making fully Accessible books.

Here's one example Youtube video:

Especially watch:

Side Note: Just last month I ran across this fantastic Reddit post:

where a blind user, coarsing_batch, described the switch over to "Universal English Braille" in 2016.

He also linked over to the AFB (American Foundation for the Blind).

Maybe they will have some other helpful resources for you too.

Quote:
I have 900 books to convert and it's going to take me ages. 😅
What is the name of the tool you're currently using?

Quote:
Any other blind readers here?
Not that I'm aware of, but you guys could be secretly lurking everywhere online! :P

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 05-07-2022 at 12:05 PM.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote