View Single Post
Old 04-24-2022, 05:35 PM   #52
BillCalibre
BillCalibre began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Download Metadata Only?...and other questions

Hello. I've just this moment purchase and installed Calibre Sync for my IPad. I've had Calibre Companion for quite some time, but am not interested in subscribing to a monthly payment (something added after I had purchased it).

I began to use it to access my VERY large Calibre library from my computer in another room via wifi, but stopped because I don't know what happens next (I couldn't find documentation) and don't wish to flood my iPad memory, hence my questions:

1. Is there a manual I could read to learn more specifically what this app does?

2. Is it possible to ONLY download metadata to my iPad (at least initially) - ie Not the actual book itself?

3. If so, can I decide which metadata to download (eg, covers / no covers, descriptions, authors / no descriptions, authors, etc)?

4. Can filter not only which metadata per book to download, but also the metadata from a filtered set of books?

5. I see that I can use this app to copy my library to my OneDrive service and keep both copies synced. I am looking forward to exploring that option later to be able to travel (away from my home Calibre library) and yet be able to access at least a subset of my library.

If I start that process from your app (selecting OneDrive as my destination for the copy) can I use your app to filter and select WHICH books to move there (again, I only have enough space on OneDrive for only a part of my library)?

Once that is done (if that is possible) will the app remember which books are there so I can add more later without uploading duplicates? ...allow me to safely remove other books previously uploaded while still keeping them on my home library?

Again, thank you for providing an alternative to Calibre Companion. Once I feel a little safer (yes, my library is backed up, but still...) I look forward to exploring the app

Cheers

Bill
BillCalibre is offline   Reply With Quote