View Single Post
Old 04-15-2022, 06:32 PM   #72
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Tried to update manually as I usually do (patched Libra 2), going from 4.30 to 4.32. Disconnected and my Libra 2 appeared to have updated, but then it turned on and 1) the firmware version hadn't changed 2) it just wouldn't connect to a PC anymore (tried with two). I press the connect button, the screen shows the Connected and charging screen, but nothing besides that happens, so I can't access the device in any way. Disconnecting the cable (eventually) makes it reboot. Tried to logout of my account thinking it was a database issue but no, that didn't fix it either, so I'm currently resetting it to factory default.

I swear I haven't had these many problems with a Kobo in the 9+ years I've been using their ereaders, and I'm not even sure it's the Libra 2. I'm even starting to wonder if it's the cable (first time I'm actually using a Kobo-issued cable) or if it's just my supremely bad luck.

EDIT: well, resetting to factory default and changing the cable didn't work. Does anybody have any ideas? Not sure if that's relevant but it didn't seem to actually download the recent update when I reset it, it's still at 4.30.

Last edited by mathil; 04-15-2022 at 06:39 PM.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote