View Single Post
Old 04-12-2022, 03:32 PM   #126
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Marking is only useful in the current file. You can not just use highlighting without marking as the current selection can be changed by clicking in CV, spellchecking, clicking in Preview, etc. Thus ExtraSelections are used via marking.

So if you set the target to Current File and you have properly marked text in the current file's CV then it should use it even from Saved Searches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Hello,
I noticed two things when I was researching a question someone had asked.

- On Saved Searches, the controls option doesn't have an option to Target Marked Text (ctrl-shift-M). The only option would be to leave the controls field blank and then make sure you set up the controls before running the saved search.
-- Can you add that control option? Or, better yet, can you allow an option to run the saved search only on the highlighted text, instead of requiring the ctrl-shift-M to mark the text each time??

- The only shortcut key I found related to Saved Searches was to open the SS dialog.
-- Is it possible to allow a shortcut key to run the first few/several saved searches...much like you have a limited number of clips. Maybe the first x number of searches starting from top to bottom on the SS dialog, or a checkbox on the SS to designate it as a shortcut enabled search item??

edit: oops...I posted this in the wrong thread... can someone move this to the "Sigil Requested Changes Under Consideration post Sigil-1.9.2 "
thread

Last edited by KevinH; 04-12-2022 at 04:41 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote