View Single Post
Old 04-12-2022, 10:58 AM   #123
Mister L
Groupie
Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Mister L is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi All,

We have posted the final test builds for the three new features we have added recently:

1. Shift+click on Replace All in Find and Replace to get a Replacement Filter dialog that shows all of the matches and replacements in context, and allows you to selectively delete any unwanted replacements before deciding to apply the remaining replacements in the table.

2. Shift+click on Count All in Find and Replace to get a Dry-Run Replacement dialog that shows the context for each match and what its replacement looks like and allows you to double-click on any row in the table and be taken to that location in CV for manual editing.

3. In Saved Searches you can now generate a Counts Report (via a button) that allows you to get a table of counts for each search in any search group. You can also save the Counts Reports as a csv file.

See:

https://github.com/kevinhendricks/Bu...OnMac/releases

And look for build_num-410 (be careful not to grab the Qt6 Beta builds also posted there as those are for plugin developers for porting to Qt6).

We are particularly interested in bug reports related to any and of these new features. These test builds have all previously reported bugs fixed.

Thanks to all previous testers for helping to make Sigil better.
This is brilliant.

Question: in the "Counts Report", if I click on the header to modify the sort order, it seems to restart the entire count. Is that expected? It's not necessarily a problem, I am not sure I would really need to modify the sort order often / ever, just thought I would mention it just in case.

Other question, the dry run does not seem to be compatible with (multiple) groups of saved searches, is this intended? I am not sure if it's a bug or just that the dry run is only meant to be used for one search at a time, which would be reasonable.

This is what I mean:

Spoiler:
1. load a group of saved searches (click on the name of the group then "Load Search") and do a dry run (Shift + Replace All) or possibly any action (same thing happens if you click directly on Find)

2. click on the name of a new group then "Load Search": the first search of the new group is not "loaded" into the F/R dialogue and the dialogue is not reset, it still displays the previous search, and if you try a dry run, the result is of the previous search still displayed in the dialogue.

Same result if you select more than one individual search (CTRL + click the names of the searches) then "Load Search".

If you click on "Load Search" and then "Find" it will launch the search series and stop on the first result, but then the dry run will only show results for that search, not the entire group.

If you select one individual search then "Load Search" it is immediately loaded into the dialogue and the dry run etc. works as expected.
Mister L is offline   Reply With Quote