View Single Post
Old 03-31-2022, 08:11 AM   #49
harmtemolder
Enthusiast
harmtemolder began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by FickleHare View Post
I've configured the "Status Modified Date Column" and made a custom column #KoLastModDate w/ type Date. Marked a few books as finished/read but it doesn't seem to do any sync for this column.
I've gone through my code from 2020 again, and it reads the date from `summary` > `modified` in the `metadata.epub.lua`. But I'm manually opening a couple from books that I've recently finished, and all of these have an empty string in that field. So it looks like KOReader no longer logs that in the metadata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyphen-ated View Post
The modify date of the metadata file on the device filesystem DOES look like it contains the information we're after, so I think the approach you mentioned should work! I don't see anything in the plugin that reads or exposes it, did you forget to push/release the new code?
I did not actually change the code to do this. I do remember exploring this in the past, but calibre's `get_file` function only gets its contents, not its creation or modification dates.

If anyone has any idea where to get a "last read" date from, please let me know. Or fork and change the code yourself
harmtemolder is offline   Reply With Quote