View Single Post
Old 03-27-2022, 02:04 AM   #7
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
You all bring up good points.

I have a Nova 2 and a Note Air 2. When I look at both, side by side, with the light completely off, the Nova 2 has juuust a bit better contrast, but the difference is slight. I wouldn't want to use either without the frontlight. I like both devices, but the battery on my Nova doesn't last quite as long as it used to. I could try changing the battery myself, or I could look into a new Nova-like device. Hence my interest in the Nova Air C as well as the Nova Air. Ironically, both have a smaller battery than my Nova 2 does. The Nova 3 might be a better option, but it's not as easy to find. Still, I've never had a color E-Ink device, so my curiosity leads me here. We shall see!
According to My Deep Guide the Nova 3 has a bit brighter screen than the Nova 2. I'm not sure if that matters to you, though, as you use your devices with the frontlight on.

I always have the frontlight off, and the Nova 3 is just about as dark as I can manage. Both my PW3 and Hisense A5 Pro are more legible in my usual lighting conditions.

But considering all the drawbacks of colour e-ink: extremely dark screen, low PPI, ghosting, etc., I find it hard to justify buying one instead of just using a tablet. In both cases you're going to have to use the front-/backlight. Might as well use a tablet with a low light setting.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote