View Single Post
Old 02-12-2022, 06:56 AM   #4
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by di9girl View Post
If I had a Kobo device, then I could send books to it via Calibre from what I understand.

Whereas Marvin would be replacing the Kobo app I currently have on my iPad. I'd need to be able to send books from Calibre to Marvin somehow.

I'm not proficient with coding or extra bits of software, so just want something simple... so I think I'm leaning towards a Kobo device and direct communication from Calibre rather than Calibre on my PC, a third-party bit of software or coding and then Marvin.
Calibre has a server that can be activated like this:
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/server.html

The server can also be activated as a stand alone program. There is a server.exe where Calibre is installed on your computer.
When the server is started then in Marvin goto "Get Books ->OPDS auto or Calibre Server". Now it is very simple to get books from Calibre to Marvin on your iPad.
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote