View Single Post
Old 01-13-2022, 02:39 PM   #1
AlexPartridge
AlexPartridge began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Kindle 4 Bricked, No Fastboot/Diags, Need Help!

Hello All,

I debated whether or not it was worth creating an account and posting, but here I am and I'm at my wits end trying to unbrick my device.

I know there are probably countless other threads on these forums dealing with this topic, but as there are so many of them and a lot of them are already quite long/old, it was hard to know where to post this for the best. So, apologies if this isn't the right place and feel free to move it if need be!

I have a Kindle 4 (Non-Touch) and after leaving it for a little while the battery drained, and after recharging it boot looped and would only display the 'Connect Charger' screen. The device would not boot, nor display anything on the screen except the low battery indicator when it discharges.

I attempted to recover it and I have tried both the Kubrick LiveCD, and the KindleSelectBoot/MfgTool on 32-bit Windows XP. Besides being able to get it into recovery mode I get absolutely nothing from the device. I cannot get it into fastboot mode, nor can I boot the diagnostics tools either. Kubrick sits at the 'Waiting for device...' prompt on the fastboot screen, and the Kindle never shows up as a 'New' or 'Unknown Device' for me to install the fastboot LibUSB Drivers in Windows XP. All the while, the Kindle just shows a blank screen.

The device was 'jailbroken' prior to this set-back, but was done for nothing more than the 'Cover Screensaver' feature. It had been working perfectly before this.

I'm pretty competent with tech, and am in no way afraid of the command line, but this has really got me stumped. A lot of the information I have been trying to read for my model of Kindle was posted on these forums around a decade ago, so there are a lot of broken links and applications that no longer work, but if there is anyone who can help, or has any more ideas about what's gone wrong I would be extremely grateful!

Thanks in advance!
AlexPartridge is offline   Reply With Quote