View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 09:13 AM   #9
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
another article in french on the site of the newspaper Libération :
http://www.ecrans.fr/Hadopi-adoptee,6848.html

interesting to note that the French government voted this law against the advice of the European parliament, who rejected this sort of measure. also interesting to note the french ISPs are also against it.

the opposition has promised to appeal the law but nonetheless this is a bleak situation for our civil rights, which sarko seems determined to erode as much as possible while he can...
You're right, the European Parliament voted against this measure only last week. Such a crying shame that it was passed, and so sneakily too. I don't know much about Sarkozy, but from what I've heard I don't like the man very much.

EDIT: To all the French readers on Mobileread, our brothers and sisters across the channel. Fight back! Don't let one of the freest and greatest nations on the Earth be sullied by Sarkozy and his thugs. We're here for you, in Britain, in Sweden and Germany, Spain and all over Europe, in the rest of the world. United we stand, divided we fall. Liberte, Fraternite, Egalite.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote