View Single Post
Old 11-15-2021, 04:30 PM   #1
Buhaj47
Zealot
Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Buhaj47 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra 2
Paperwhite 5 or Libra 2?

I'm considering switch to either Paperwhite 5 or Libra 2, does anyone have experience with those? I used to have a Kobo Aura H2O, now I own a PW 3. I buy most ebooks from local bookstores, then convert them in Calibre. My first thought was PW 5, but I heard Amazon is making changes that are supposed to discourage people from sideloading their own ebooks - is that true? Is it possible the function will be blocked at some point? Anyway, to me PW 5 has some advantages:
  • higher speed
  • ebook and notes synchronization in cloud
  • bigger choice of non-plastic covers

Did Kobo address some of those points in their device?
Buhaj47 is offline   Reply With Quote