View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 07:58 AM   #4
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crca View Post
2) if you convert the ebook to Mobi via Kindle Preview, then send it to Kindle, it will generate a dual Mobi and preserve the right formatting, but won’t display the thumbnail.
I am also a bit annoyed by this behavior.
I have noticed that books sent as azw3 (I am using the rename epub to txt trick) that lose their covers are nevertheless recognized by calibre as part of the library or can be aligned with items in the library.
I have also noticed that Calibre fixes the ‘missing covers for sideloaded books’ by creating a cover folder where it places fallback covers that are then loaded and displayed.
My question is: Is it possible to send covers to Kindle to add to the books that I have previously uploaded via cloud. It seems to me that the infrastructure is technically there, all that is missing is an option. (Or maybe I am just missing something and it is already possible?)

Any help and comments are appreciated.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote