View Single Post
Old 11-03-2021, 04:27 PM   #1
jollyblondgiant
jollyblondgiant began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch K5
Problems with KTerm and USBNetworking [Touch][5.3.7.3]

Greetings, O Great Wizards and KindleMages:
I've been experiencing issues setting up my kindle as a raspi screen since June. Then, I was able to get set up with kterm and USBNetworking but couldn't resolve the ssh into the raspi. Last week i couldn't even ssh into my computer over USB from my kindle, nor into my raspi from my computer. I think it may have been an issue with the usb cable I was using (apparently some are only good for charging, not data?). In any case, I panicked and reset my device and then panicked some more. I have since re-installed the jailbreak and hotfix successfully.

I'm using a KT (B011 ...) running FW 5.3.7.3.

However, I'm having trouble installing KTerm or USBNetworking this time. When I launch KTerm from KUAL my kindle just returns to the home screen. I extracted the 'Update_usbnet_0.22.N_install_touch_pw.bin' file from the 'USBNetwork Hack' archive on NiluJe's snapshots post. When I copy that file over to and then eject my kindle, the 'Update Your Kindle' option remains grey and the .bin file is gone. I've made sure to re-read the install readmes a few times, and I'm still at a loss.
jollyblondgiant is offline   Reply With Quote