View Single Post
Old 10-25-2021, 11:26 AM   #12
Phil_C
Addict
Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phil_C ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350; Kobo Clara HD; Kobo Clara 2E; Kobo Clara BW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjama View Post
Thanks Phil.

I enabled them in the individual files by changing 'no' to 'yes' for the ones I wanted to activate. So I only edited two of the four files as they were the ones that contained the patches I was interested in.

There is no log in the Out folder, all that is in that folder is the txt file explaining what the Out folder is for.

I’m obviously going badly wrong somewhere.

Should I have deleted everything else from these files? I left everything as was, except for changing 'no' to 'yes' for the patches I wanted to activate. Maybe this is wrong? I’m sure it’s something that’s so obvious to you that you don’t even think about it, therefore no one has written it down in the instructions.

Ah well, I just wanted to change the header and footer to not use ALL CAPS and a couple of other things, it’s not a big deal, just a nice to have. I used to use the old kindle hacks back in the day, so I thought I’d be able to handle using the patches, but it’s not happening for me.

I do not need to reinstall the firmware on my kobo, do I? surely not, as it is on the same version as the patches are for.

When I use Windows, I am editing the files using the old Notebook app.

The .bat file runs but nothing happens.
When using Notepad, did you save the edited files as .yaml -- NOT .txt? Be sure you did not change any spacing in the edited files. Just change no to yes. You do not need to delete unused patches.

I would delete everything from your patching folder and start from scratch. Take your time and follow each step listed in Post #1. I would also suggest using Notepad++ to edit the files.

You could try using the overrides in kobopatch.yaml this time. But again be careful of spaces in each line. Hitting Return in Notepad++ for a new line might generate a Tab at the beginning of the new line. You want spaces, not tabs. There is an example of the format in the file.

If there is no log generated, something is wrong or missing which is killing the program immediately.
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote