View Single Post
Old 10-24-2021, 11:27 PM   #8
Pjama
Guru
Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pjama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe, Oasis, Clara 2E, Libra 2, Libra Colour
Thanks Phil.

I enabled them in the individual files by changing 'no' to 'yes' for the ones I wanted to activate. So I only edited two of the four files as they were the ones that contained the patches I was interested in.

There is no log in the Out folder, all that is in that folder is the txt file explaining what the Out folder is for.

I’m obviously going badly wrong somewhere.

Should I have deleted everything else from these files? I left everything as was, except for changing 'no' to 'yes' for the patches I wanted to activate. Maybe this is wrong? I’m sure it’s something that’s so obvious to you that you don’t even think about it, therefore no one has written it down in the instructions.

Ah well, I just wanted to change the header and footer to not use ALL CAPS and a couple of other things, it’s not a big deal, just a nice to have. I used to use the old kindle hacks back in the day, so I thought I’d be able to handle using the patches, but it’s not happening for me.

I do not need to reinstall the firmware on my kobo, do I? surely not, as it is on the same version as the patches are for.

When I use Windows, I am editing the files using the old Notebook app.

The .bat file runs but nothing happens.
Pjama is offline   Reply With Quote