View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 12:03 PM   #10
usuallee
Media Junkie
usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
If you're going to be using Calibre then you won't be tied to any particular ebook ecosystem since it can convert between the different formats. I have a Kobo but buy all of my books from Amazon. Then I use the Alf DeDRM plugin to remove the drm; except that that requires a registered Kindle to work. The Kobo is such a better ereader that I'd almost say it's worth it to buy the cheapest Kindle for that purpose ($55 for a refurbished one on Amazon at the moment, but probably not worth it unless you have money to throw around).
Couldn't one just download the Kindle app to a PC or phone, rather than buying an actual Kindle just for the purpose of registration?
usuallee is offline   Reply With Quote