View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 07:41 PM   #2
RandomBoy
RandomBoy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
UPDATE 1:

I have experimented a bit more with my two Kobo GLOs.

I have plugged them both simultaneously in the PC via USB cable, and then dragged and drop the full content of one ereader into the other (user data partition). When asked if I wanted to replace the files with the same name, I pressed "Yes".
The result was that I was able to transfer all the books and annotations. Initially the reading stats and settings were fully transferred too... but, after a few seconds, the Kobo showed a critical error message, asked me to sign out, and then it restarted. After a forced re-initialization (choose language, sign in, etc.), the Kobo Glo has kept all the books and annotations, but the stats and settings were lost.
Well at least I successfully transferred the annotations from one ereader to another.

UPDATE 2:

In the meantime, I ordered a Clara HD. When it arrives, does anyone knows if I can repeat the process above and, therefore, transfer the books and annotations from the Kobo Glo, without too much messing around?

Is there any way to transfer the reading stats, too? Or at least the "My Words" section?
RandomBoy is offline   Reply With Quote