View Single Post
Old 10-04-2021, 01:13 PM   #1
RandomBoy
RandomBoy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Kobo to Kobo: Transfering Hacks Doubts

Hi everyone,

Can you please clear some fog I have regarding Kobo to Kobo transfers?

1) Can I swap the internal uSD card of two different devices, and so transfer my sideloaded books and highlights into a new device? I did this successfully already with two Kobo GLOs... but would this work between different models, too? Specifically, will I be able to instal the uSD of a Kobo Glo into the slot of a Glo HD, or Clara HD, and see my old device's book and highlights into the new one?

2) Should I prefer to not physically swap the cards, could I instead, use the USB image tool, in order to be able to do the following:
- Backup old Kobo Glo books, highlights and stats
- Flash all Kobo Glo books, highlights and stats into Kobo Clara HD uSD

3) Should I want to bake my Kobo Glo's books & highlights into a Kobo Libra HD (AFAIK Libra does NOT have a uSD), will this solution work? 4) And would it work with the Elipsa, too?

I am shopping around for a new(ish) ereader, and ease of transfer may play a role.

I have read and advanced searched as much as I could, but sorry if this has already been mentioned before.

New user here, so thank you so much for having me... reading so many posts have helped me so much already
RandomBoy is offline   Reply With Quote