View Single Post
Old 09-24-2021, 07:10 PM   #7
hobnail
Running with scissors
hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hobnail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krogenar View Post
2. Flexibility -- I don't want to be tied into any particular ecosystem if I can avoid it. I'm looking for an ereader than could potentially read as many formats as possible. Overdrive, syncing with Dropbox, these would all be big pluses for me. The ability to reflow text of various formats would also be a big plus. The more easily it works with and supports Calibre, the better.
If you're going to be using Calibre then you won't be tied to any particular ebook ecosystem since it can convert between the different formats. I have a Kobo but buy all of my books from Amazon. Then I use the Alf DeDRM plugin to remove the drm; except that that requires a registered Kindle to work. The Kobo is such a better ereader that I'd almost say it's worth it to buy the cheapest Kindle for that purpose ($55 for a refurbished one on Amazon at the moment, but probably not worth it unless you have money to throw around).

Last edited by hobnail; 09-24-2021 at 07:13 PM.
hobnail is offline   Reply With Quote