View Single Post
Old 09-24-2021, 12:50 PM   #25
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Easy access to library ebooks was one of the main reasons I bought an ereader. I would never be able to afford to buy as many books as I read "free" from the library. My taxes help subsidize the library so I might as well enjoy the benefits.

I know there are people here on Mobileread who say they rarely or never read library books. I'm curious as to why. Is it because the library in your area doesn't offer ebooks, or has a poor selection? Do you like to reread a lot? Do you make a lot of annotations? Do you like to read the latest best-sellers without waiting on a hold list?
I'm 20 miles away from the rural library my taxes pay for. A tiny little thing, really designed for researching homework from encyclopedias. I live about 4 miles from a much larger library system with an absurd out of district fee. I live in a very high property tax state and such considerations carry weight with many of us. I'm not complaining, just explaining.

Last edited by GlenBarrington; 09-24-2021 at 12:53 PM.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote