Wilder, Laura Ingalls: By the Shores of Silver Lake, v.1, 2 April 2009.
Laura Ingalls Wilder (1867–1957)
By the Shores of Silver Lake (1939)
Cover illustration by Helen Moore Sewell (1896–1957)
The fifth in the series. Mr Ingalls takes his family out west, to Dakota, and they stake a claim to a homestead. There is a new sister for Laura, and Mary loses her sight. Mrs Ingalls displays (as usual) extraordinary patience and fortitude.
The Little House Series:
1. Little House in the Big Woods (1932)
2. Farmer Boy (1933)
3. Little House on the Prairie (1935)
4. On the Banks Of Plum Creek (1937)
5. By The Shores Of Silver Lake (1939)
6. The Long Winter (1940)
7. Little Town on the Prairie (1941)
8. These Happy Golden Years (1943)
9. The First Four Years (1971)
(It was not possible to include the Garth Williams [1912-1996] illustrations because they are still in copyright everywhere. This book is in the Canadian public domain, and in that of all life+50 years countries.)