View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 12:18 PM   #3
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebookscovers View Post
Hi

I’m trying to solve a small issue within any given ebook.

At the beginning of an ebook I always insert the cover on page one. I use QuarkXpress for the layout and ebook conversion to ePub and then tidy it up in Sigil. However I find the cover from page 1 is repeated when I view in Adobe digital editions, iBooks or in Sigil on page 2. I wanted to remove the repeated cover so I delete the html file that includes the 2nd cover. I done this by unzipping the file. When I open the file in ADE its fine as always. However when I open it in iBooks as a test it says the file is corrupted. This only happens to the ebook after I delete the html file associated with the 2nd cover. Any way around this?
David
Try to apply the correct semantic. When you open the epub in Sigil, apply to the cover page the semantic "cover" (right click over the Cover.xhtml file —or the name you choosed— Add Semantics... > Cover).
Also add the proper semantic to the image you use as cover (right click on the respective image and select Cover Image). If you do all that, the double page displayed under ADE should desapear.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote