View Single Post
Old 10-11-2006, 01:14 AM   #15
geekraver
Addict
geekraver can eat soup with a fork.geekraver can eat soup with a fork.geekraver can eat soup with a fork.geekraver can eat soup with a fork.geekraver can eat soup with a fork.geekraver can eat soup with a fork.geekraver can eat soup with a fork.geekraver can eat soup with a fork.geekraver can eat soup with a fork.geekraver can eat soup with a fork.geekraver can eat soup with a fork.

Device: iPad,Nexus 7,Kobo Glo
I'd like to see the Connect software support a 'sync' directory. Any files I drop in that directory should be synced to the reader (replacing the existing file if the name is the same). Conversely, if a file is synced from that directory and then removed from the directory, then it should be removed from the reader. This should happen automatically when the reader is connected.

The motivation is that by doing this, we can almost create our own sync capability in parallel with the Connect library. In particular I'm thinking of the PDF files I'm creating from RSS feeds with the rss2book tool I posted.

The alternative is a sync SDK, which would be better for me, but the directory approach has the advantage that it doesn't require any kind of sophisticated programming skills.
geekraver is offline   Reply With Quote