View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 11:33 PM   #13
each
Connoisseur
each has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Treo 650/iRex iLiad
Improve the support for non-english PDF docs

Sony Reader couldn't display the whole PDF document(Chinese) created by Adobe Acrobat (or PDFCreator, PrimoPDF, ScanSoft PDF Create! etc.), but it does work fine when I just print some pages of the same document using the same PDF tools at the same PDF settings. A really strange bug here. Adviced by Slava, I used pdfFactory to print the same doc to PDF, everhthing is fine! Sony Reader is incompatible with Acrobat in non-english PDF output?!!

Also found something that maybe interesting:

If a PDF document could not be displayed in CONNECT Reader in PC, it's also unreadable in SONY Reader. Thus I guess SONY has the same PDF viewer (maybe same core) in PC and Reader. I check the directory where CONNECT Reader installed in my PC and found this dll file: FskDocumentViewerAdobe.dll, version is "1.0.0.20", name is "Embedded PDF Viewer for Sony Connect Reader", and comes from "Adobe Systems Incorporated"

That is why I got confused. It looks like Adobe is the provider for SONY Reader's PDF viewer, but Sony Reader is incompatible with Adobe's Acrobat in non-english PDF output?!!

Last edited by each; 10-10-2006 at 11:37 PM.
each is offline   Reply With Quote