View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 11:47 PM   #12
Badcatalex
I draw.
Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1, K4B, KPW3, KOA3, KF7 (2019)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Amazon long ago gave up on promoting Fire tablets as reading devices (only the first few generations were called Kindle Fire). They would not compete with a quality color e-reader (which would be much lighter and have much better battery life).

That said, Fire tablets are a good value, and I like the new streamlined desktop. The ads are not at all intrusive, you’re talking mostly just about the Lock Screen. Turn off all the notifications.
Yeah, I agree. But I removed ads on mine, a Fire 7 2019. The experience has much improved since the days of the heavy skin with a carousel for media, and it is pretty fast. For the record, I own also the original Kindle Fire HD 7 and the 2013 version, so I should know at least something. These days the UI is extremely close to stock, and it's not as bloated as it used to be. Plus it's super easy to put Google Apps on the newer (Lollipop onwards based) versions, all you need to do is install a few APKs and then it works perfectly.
Badcatalex is offline   Reply With Quote