Wilder, Laura Ingalls: On the Banks of Plum Creek, LIT v.1, 1 April 2009.
Laura Ingalls Wilder (1867–1957)
On the Banks of Plum Creek (1937)
Cover illustration by Helen Moore Sewell (1896–1957)
The fourth of the ‘Little House’ books. The Ingalls family have moved to Minnesota and struggle with a plague of grasshoppers and severe winter blizzards. One snowstorm is especially memorable.
One part of the story demands illustrations. I couldn’t find any copyright-free ones, so I did them myself with Microsoft Paint. I’m afraid that they are rather wobbly.
The Little House Series:
1. Little House in the Big Woods (1932)
2. Farmer Boy (1933)
3. Little House on the Prairie (1935)
4. On the Banks Of Plum Creek (1937)
5. By The Shores Of Silver Lake (1939)
6. The Long Winter (1940)
7. Little Town on the Prairie (1941)
8. These Happy Golden Years (1943)
9. The First Four Years (1971)
(It was not possible to include the Garth Williams [1912-1996] illustrations because they are still in copyright everywhere. This book is in the Canadian public domain, and in that of all life+50 years countries.)