View Single Post
Old 07-02-2021, 12:17 AM   #2264
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
Having always manually performed backups, I recently attempted to setup automated backups. However, after configuring for each device separately, no backup files are being created, having checked each individual directory for evidence of a file. I've also performed a search of the entire referenced drive and only my manual backups exist. To confirm I had not missed something, I referenced the help file. I have done the following for each device (first time all devices, second attempt only one device). What am I missing?

[Device this profile is for: selected]
  1. Check only the specific device
  2. Check "Configure options for all devices"
  3. Check "Backup the device database on each connection"
  4. Destination: a specific existing directory
  5. Copies to keep: 5
  6. Click on "OK" and restarted Calibre

v 2.14.0
Calibre 5.22.1
That looks correct. But, when the device is connected, does it have an entry in the list that is an icon under "Status". If it doesn't, then the it won't have device specific options. The device is identified using the ids that are in driveinfo.calibre. If that file gets recreated for some reason (a factory reset will remove it) the device needs to be added to the list again. It probably should be using the serial number or something, but, there are a couple of things about the identification that makes that not as simple as it should be.

And for the record, the profiles on the first tab are not connected to the settings on the second tab. The profiles can use the devices, but, they do not include the settings on that page.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote