View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 01:16 PM   #46
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
Complexity of some Chinese characters really benefit from higher PPIs. If you're familiar with the characters its still readable but it IS nice to easily see every stroke at standard book font sizes.
Very true. Both Japanese and Chinese render very well on my Hisense A5 and A5 Pro CC. Wish such devices had been around when I was first learning Chinese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
Android is fine with eInk reading. My Oynx stuff works great. Scrolling/page turn animations is a bigger issue than color palette but Oynx at least has modes to deal with it and most apps let you turn off page turn animations.
I love both my Onyx and my Hisense devices. They work incredibly well for reading. However, it can sometimes be a bit of a challenge initially setting up a reading app for a grayscale screen. Sometimes it is very difficult to see the options and where to tap. Had that problem just today playing around with my Nova 3 Color. Thought I'd see what nighttime mode on Moon+ Reader looked like. It was beautiful. The only problem was that I could then not see the icon to switch it back to regular mode. It took a few attempts.

The user interface on both Onyx and Hisense also takes some getting used to. Personally, I think the benefits which these devices provide are well worth the investment in time necessary in learning to use them. However, I could see how many people who just want a simple reading device might become frustrated. Especially when instruction manuals are not well translated or written.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote