Hi, this is my first post and I'm one of the many waiting for Sony to deliver my reader so in the meantime I've been working on creating content.
If it's possible for someone who has their reader could they check out my progress and see if it works before I continue development.
If you go to http://www.mysonyreader.com
you will be presented with a dynamically created pdf containing the last 20 stories from gizmodo.com.
Just save the pdf and check that it works and is readable.
I think I have it generating the correct page size for the reader although I can't check the font size, margins or contrast etc. Right now it strips all the html from the file so it's plain text.
My future plans include -
- Being able to subscribe to multiple feeds and then download one combined pdf or even have it emailed you daily
- Including the images from the original feed
- Allowing you to select the font size & style
- Actually building a site to house all of this
- Adding a developers area to above site so people can contribute to this project.
Feedback would be greatly appreciated.
If anyone is interested in playing with the code to do this, let me know and I'll post the details.
P.S. If you get a domain placeholder page - give it a few hours as I just registered the domain and it may not have propagated everywhere yet.